Friday, May 14, 2010

Sleeves ...

The shrug or vest from my last post needs some sleeves. There isn't enough yarn to make them though - so the choice was either a slightly lighter color, or the exact color but in thinner yarn.
THANK GOODNESS for the knitting group in Lyons - Kayann is a tremendous knitter and gave me some fabulous advice (double the strands) and lessons on how to easily put the sleeves on by picking up each stitch in the existing armhole and then knitting the sleeves right onto them. That way I don't have to sew them on later. So far, so good.
As of last night, I only have a single 'cap' sleeve but it's going to look nice.

I think knitting looks really hard from an outsider's point of view, but it's really just two stitches - purl and knit. Everything else is just combinations of these two. I learned how to do a cable last night - had no idea it was so easy. :)

I love learning new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment